The city of London has a lot to offer, even if you’re only passing through. Whether you’re waiting to check in your Airbnb or just killing time until you catch the next train, bus or flight, you just can’t drag your bags around with you! You’re bound to need a safe place to leave your luggage while exploring ―and luckily, we’ve got you covered.
There’s a lot of options for luggage storage around Paddington Station, while a variety of online services are also available. Some of the most popular include Luggage Hero, Vertoe and Stasher, our top pick. Using these services enables you to book your preferred location online, drop off your stuff and go on about your day without dragging around your luggage.
The Best Place to Store Your Luggage in Paddington Station
When passing through Paddington Station, you have a few options for luggage storage. The classic Left Luggage option inside the station is one of the easiest solutions since you can rent your storage space on an hourly or daily basis.
Another option is Left Luggage, which is a basic storage solution that you can use on either an hourly or daily basis, depending on your needs. The rates for luggage storage begin at £7.50 for the first 2 hours and reach a maximum of £20 for 24 hours.
Best Online Luggage Storage Service for Paddington Station
Stasher offers a wide number of locations for your luggage’s safekeeping around the station. The appointed storage locations, known as StashPoints, have been strategically selected and are conveniently located within walking distance from Paddington Station.
How do I store my luggage in Paddington Station?
Stasher has several storage locations around Paddington, so you can drop off your stuff anywhere and browse the city of London!
Storing your luggage with Stasher couldn’t be easier:
1. Pick the StashPoint that best suits your needs (some of Stasher’s listings are open 24/7) and book it online.
2. Receive your booking confirmation.
3. Drop off your luggage upon arrival, and Stasher’s hosts will place a tag on each of your items.
4. Keep your tag to pick up your bags when you’re finished!
Why choose Stasher for luggage storage?
Established in 2015, Stasher is the world’s first luggage storage network, working with hundreds of businesses around the world for your luggage’s safekeeping during your adventures.
In fact, Stasher:
- Is affordable, with no size restrictions: rates are £5 a day ―50% cheaper than traditional luggage storage options― and £5 for any additional day.
- Strives for your convenience: all StashPoints are handpicked, and some are open 24 hours or offer overnight luggage storage.
- Boasts a free insurance policy, securing each one of your items for up to £1000.
- Offers award-winning customer service, as proven by thousands of satisfied customer reviews you can read online, and a 4.8/5 grade score.
About Paddington Station
Paddington Station is one of London’s central major railways and underground stations, connecting with London Heathrow Airport through the Heathrow Express and the Heathrow Connect. The station connects to the rest of the city via the Circle line, District line, Bakerloo line and the Hammersmith & City line to King’s Cross, Baker Street, Victoria and Waterloo stations.
Several tourists take pictures with the famous cartoon bear Paddington, which was supposedly found in the station, so there is a Paddington Bear shop on the premises, selling official merchandise ―and a tiny bear souvenir is a must-buy gift to bring home.
If you have some time to kill around Paddington, you can take a walk in the Royal Parks and the picturesque area of Little Venice, or even follow the Paddington Public Art Trail from Platform 1. Should you work up an appetite, Merchant Square hosts the street-food market Crave.
Facilities in Paddington Station
- The tickets office is open every day, 24/7, and ticket machines are available as well, all run by the Great Western Railway.
- There’s a lot of cafes and restaurants inside the premises.
- Heathrow Express departs from platforms 6 and 7, going directly to Heathrow Airport.
- Toilets are free of charge, located before the ticket barrier. There are also two baby changing rooms: one within the Ladies toilets on platform 1 and the other within the public toilets on Platform 12.
Storage with Excess Baggage Company
Excess Baggage Company is the standard service available in most stations and airports in the UK; you can use this service to book your storage space on the spot. However, you must keep in mind that there will likely be a queue on weekends, so it’s best to secure a place online beforehand.
The premises inside the station are open Monday to Sunday from 8 am until 9 pm and located close to the entrance to Platform 12. Prices range from £7 for up to three hours of storage, and £27 for up to 72 hours.
Luggage Storage in Museums
Paddington Station is located in central London, near a number of museums; if you want to browse, there’s a bonus option for luggage storage available for you, in the
cloakrooms and lockers on site. However, bear in mind that you’ll have to check the premises first, as some smaller museums, like the Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street, can’t provide storage space.
You might need to go a bit farther and visit larger estates like the British Library and the
British Museum, to find luggage space. Of course, you should be aware that only museum visitors can use these facilities as a rule, and the space is often quite limited.
You can store your luggage with Excess Baggage Company, book online with Stasher, or try the cloakrooms in museum premises.
Prices for luggage storage vary depending on duration, as well as the number and size of items. Should you opt forStasher, it will cost you £5 a day, and an extra £5 for any additional day.
There’s plenty of stuff to do around Paddington Station; you can take a walk in the Royal Parks or Little Venice, visit museums or grab a bite at the local restaurants.
The station is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The station connects the Circle line, the District line, the Bakerloo line and the Hammersmith & City line.
Yes, the station toilet services are free. For more information on accessible toilets and showers, ask a station staff member.