Charing Cross Station is one of the busiest railway stations in London, serving over 50 million passengers every year. Located in the heart of the city, it is an essential hub for commuters and travelers alike. Whether you’re looking for luggage storage options, what to do around Charing Cross Station, or just need some general information about the station, this guide will provide you with all the information you need.
Luggage Storage Options Around Charing Cross Station
Stasher has affordable, convenient solutions within 1 minute of the station. Booking online takes less than five minutes and you can easily find and reserve luggage storage in hotels and shops around Charing Cross. Secure an affordable, fully insured storage space to get the most out of your London visit without dragging your heavy luggage with you.
Charing Cross is on the Strand, bordering Covent Garden, and boasting Trafalgar Square as its nearest tourist attraction. Just a short walk from Soho, Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus, this station is a great place to transit from on any visit to the capital. Do check out our guide for things to do in Charing Cross if you have some time to spare once you’ve stored your luggage!
If you’re looking for a convenient place to store your luggage while you explore London, Charing Cross Station has plenty of options. Here are a few of the best luggage storage options around Charing Cross Station:
- Left Luggage Lockers – Charing Cross Station has several left luggage lockers that are operated by Excess Baggage Company. These lockers are a great option if you’re looking for a secure place to store your luggage. You can rent a locker for a day or for a week, depending on your needs.
- Excess Baggage – Excess Baggage also offers an on-site luggage storage service at Charing Cross Station. You can store your bags for a day for a small fee, or for a longer period of time for a slightly higher fee.
- AirPortr – AirPortr is a luggage delivery service that allows you to store your luggage in a secure location while you explore London. Just drop off your bags at their designated AirPortr location at Charing Cross Station and they will deliver them to your accommodations when you’re ready to check in.
- Local Hotels – Some local hotels offer luggage storage services for a small fee. This is a great option if you’re staying in the area and need a place to store your bags while you explore.
What To Do Around Charing Cross Station
Charing Cross Station is located in the heart of London, so there’s plenty to do in the area. Here are a few of the top attractions:
• Trafalgar Square – Trafalgar Square is one of the most popular tourist attractions in London. It’s home to the iconic Trafalgar Square fountains, the National Gallery, and Nelson’s Column.
• The London Eye – The London Eye is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. From the top of the wheel, you can get stunning views of the city and beyond.
• Southbank – Southbank is a great area to explore, with plenty of restaurants, shops, and attractions to explore.
• Covent Garden – Covent Garden is another popular tourist attraction, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and street performers to enjoy.
• National Portrait Gallery – The National Portrait Gallery is home to an impressive collection of artwork, and is a great place to spend an afternoon.
Information About Charing Cross Station
• Address: Strand, London WC2N 5HS
• Transportation: The station is served by the London Underground (Bakerloo, Northern, and Jubilee lines) and the National Rail network.
• Services: Charing Cross Station offers a wide range of services, including ticket offices, left luggage lockers, and luggage storage.
• Opening Hours: The station is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Charing Cross Station is one of the busiest railway stations in London, and a great starting point for exploring the city. Whether you’re looking for luggage storage options, what to do around Charing Cross Station, or just need some general information about the station, this guide has all the information you need.