Since you’re reading these words, you probably have a trip scheduled that will take you through Euston Station for a day, or just a couple of hours ―during which you’d like to explore the city but have trouble carrying all your luggage around. Perhaps you’re just killing time until your Airbnb check-in window opens or you have some extra time until a delayed train. Whatever your case may be, you’re going to need someplace safe to store your stuff.
Plenty of online services for luggage storage Euston have surfaced over the past few years, some of the most popular being Luggage Hero, Vertoe, and Stasher ―our top pick. These services help you book the storage location of your choice online, drop off your stuff and go on exploring the city without having to drag your bags around.
Why Store Your Luggage With Stasher?
Stasher is the world’s first luggage storage network, operating since 2015. This company works with hundreds of businesses in big cities around the world, devoted to keeping your luggage safe during your adventures.
In fact, Stasher:
- Emphasizes on your convenience: StashPoints have been strategically selected, and some are open 24 hours or offer overnight luggage storage.
- Features award-winning customer service, as proven by a total 4.8/5 grade score and thousands of satisfied customer reviews you can read online.
- Is affordable: rates are £5 a day ―that’s 50% cheaper than traditional luggage storage solutions― and £5 for any additional day, with no size restrictions.
- Boasts a free insurance policy, securing each one of your items for up to £1000.
Best places to store your luggage in Euston Station
There’s a number of options for luggage storage around Euston Station. The classic Left Luggage option inside the station is one of the easiest solutions, and you can rent your storage space on either an hourly or daily basis, depending on your needs.
Storage with Excess Baggage Company
Excess Baggage Company is the standard option available in most UK stations and airports; you can use this service to book your storage space online beforehand or pay in-store on the day. Excess Baggage Company premises inside the station are open Monday to Sunday from 8 am until 9 pm and located close to the entrance to platform 16.
Prices range from £7 for up to three hours of storage, and £27 for up to 72 hours.
Luggage Storage in Museums
Euston Station is conveniently located near a lot of museums; if you want to browse, there’s a bonus option available for you, as museum premises always have cloakrooms and lockers available on site.
For example, the Wellcome Collection is located near the Station, on 183 Euston Road. The facilities are open Tuesday–Sunday, 10.00–17.00, and until 19.00 on Thursdays, and you can store your belongings in the lockers on level 0. In general, you can’t bring items larger than the standard airline carry-on luggage. However, some of the lockers are big enough to fit fold-up bicycles or scooters.
Additionally, there’s the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, the UCL Octagon Gallery, the British Library, the British Museum and more, all located nearby. Of course, keep in mind that only museum visitors can use these facilities as a rule, while the space is often limited. Finally, remember that museums close down early in the day, so don’t forget to check on their opening hours before leaving your luggage on the premises.
Best Online Luggage Storage Service for Euston Station
Stasher offers plenty of locations for safe and affordable luggage storage around the area of Euston Station, so you can be comfortable. The appointed storage locations, otherwise known as StashPoints, have been carefully selected and conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station.
Click here to see a full list of all Stasher’s London hosts and a map for storage locations around Euston Station.
How do I Find Luggage Storage Near Me in Euston Station?
Stasher has several storage locations close to Euston station in the area of Camden, so you can drop off your bags anywhere and go enjoy London!
Storing your luggage with Stasher is as easy as it gets:
- Pick the StashPoint that’s best for you on the map (some of Stasher’s listings are open 24/7).
- Book online.
- Immediately receive your booking confirmation.
- Drop off your stuff upon arrival; Stasher’s hosts will place a
numbered tag for each of your items, for extra safety.
- Keep your tag to pick up your bags when you’re finished!
About Euston Station
Euston is one of the biggest railway and underground stations in London, linking many popular other stops like Paddington Station and Victoria Station.
It was actually the first Railway Station inaugurated in London for far destinations, and until the late 19th century, all trains had to be pulled with cables up the hill until Camden Town. Today, Euston Station is the sixth busiest station in Great Britain, after Waterloo, and Liverpool Street Station, connecting Scotland and Northern England, as well as the Victoria and the Northern Lines.
When passing through Euston, you might want to check out the campus of London’s finest university: UCL. Plus, you can visit the Brunswick Centre and the British Museum, home to over 4 million objects and many special exhibitions all year round. Finally, you can grab a picnic in Regent’s Park, or climb up Primrose Hill and take in the city view at sundown.
Facilities in Euston Station
- The station opening hours are 04:30 – 01:34 on Monday to Sunday, while on Saturday, the station is open at 04:30 – 02:00 and on Sunday from 05:15 to 01:34.
- You can buy tickets in advance or upon arrival, in the main ticket office (adjacent to the Western Entrance), or the secondary office, located at the foot on the ramp to platforms 8-1.
- ATMs and Bureau de change are available inside the station.
- Toilets are freely available in the station, and the accessible bathrooms are controlled by Radar keys. Showers are available in the first-class lounge, complimentary for First Class Guests. Standard class and seated guests can purchase shower tokens from hosts, for £5 per token or from the main ticket office at London Euston.
You can store your luggage with Excess Baggage Company, use the cloakrooms and lockers in museums, or book online with Stasher.
Prices for luggage storage vary depending on the service, number and size of items, and duration. Should you go with Stasher, it will only cost you £5 a day, and an extra £5 for any additional day.
There’s plenty of museums around Euston Station, like the British Museum, the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, and the UCL Galleries, as well as Regent’s Park for a walk and a picnic.
The station is open 04:30 – 01:34 on Monday through Sunday, while on Saturday, opening hours are at 04:30 – 02:00 and on Sunday from 05:15 to 01:34.
Euston Station connects Northern England to Scotland, as well as the Victoria and the Northern Lines.
Yes, the station toilet services are free. For more information on accessible toilets and showers, ask a station staff member.