Have you found yourself in Liverpool Street Station, wondering what to do with your suitcases? Maybe you’re in London for the day and simply can’t bear to drag your bags around with you. Maybe you’re killing time until your Airbnb check-in window opens or have some extra time due to a delayed flight or train. Whatever the case, you’re going to need someplace to store your luggage in London.
A variety of online services for luggage storage booking have surfaced over the past few years. Some of the most popular services are Luggage Hero, Vertoe and Stasher, our top pick. Using these services enables you to book your preferred storage location online, drop off your stuff and go on about your day without dragging around your luggage.
Best Online Luggage Storage Service for Liverpool Street Station
Stasher offers plenty of locations for safe and affordable luggage storage in London around the area of Liverpool Street Station. The storage locations, or StashPoints, have been carefully handpicked and conveniently locatedwithin short distance of Liverpool Street Station.
Click here to see a full list of all Stasher’s London hosts and a map for storage locations around Liverpool Street Station.
How do I store my luggage in Liverpool Street Station?
Storing your luggage with Stasher couldn’t be easier:
- Pick a StashPoint on the map (plenty of Stasher’s listings are open 24/7).
- Book online and immediately receive your booking confirmation.
- Drop off your stuff; Stasher’s hosts will place a uniquely numbered tag for each of your bags for extra safety.
- Keep your tag to pick up your bags when you’re finished!
Why store your luggage with Stasher?
Operating since 2015, Stasher is the world’s first luggage storage network. This company works with hundreds of businesses in big cities around the world, devoted to keeping your belongings safe while you’re travelling.
In fact, Stasher:
- Is focused on your convenience: all StashPoints have been strategically selected; some of them are open 24 hours or offer overnight luggage storage.
- Offers rates of only £5 a day ―50% cheaper than traditional luggage storage solutions― and £5 for any additional day, with no size restrictions whatsoever!
- Boasts a free insurance policy, securing each one of your items for up to £1000.
- Features award-winning customer service, as proven by thousands of satisfied customer reviews and a total 4.8/5 grade score.
Best places to store your luggage in Victoria Station
Although cheaper, online booking is not your only option; there are physical services available for luggage storage around Liverpool Street Station as well.
Self-storage with Urban Locker Self Storage
Located about 20 minutes from Liverpool Street Station, Urban Locker Self Storage provides short, mid-term and long-term storage units of varying sizes; you can opt for the traditional lockers (big or small), or larger spaces of 10 square feet up until 300 square feet. It’s better for long-term storing, but maybe a bigger locker would be a good idea for a group to store all their luggage together.
Customers have everyday access to their storage units from 6 am to 10 am.
Storage with Excess Baggage Company
Excess Baggage Company is the available option in most UK stations and airports, and you can use their services to book a luggage storage space online beforehand or pay in-store on the day. Found in Platform 10 on Liverpool Street Station, Excess Baggage Company premises are open Monday to Sunday from 8 am until 9 pm.
Prices range from £7.5 for up to three hours of storage, and £27.50 for up to 72 hours.
Luggage Storage in Museums
If you plan to browse the museums, you also have the option of their in-site storage cloakrooms and lockers. You can check for lockers in City of London Police Museum, Museum of London or the Bank of England Μuseum, all located within walking distance from the station.
However, storage space in museums is usually limited, so it’s best if you have small carry-ons or backpacks. Additionally, keep in mind that museums often close early in the day.
About Liverpool Street Station
Liverpool Street Station has been operating since 1874 and is the third busiest train station of Great Britain, following Waterloo Station and Victoria Station. Part of the London Underground network, this railway terminus connects the West Anglia Main Line to Cambridge, the Great Eastern Main Line to Norwich, and the Stansted Express service to Stansted Airport, commuting about 64 million passengers every year. Plus, Liverpool Street Station is on the Circle Line, the Metropolitan Line and on the Hammersmith & City Line.
There’s a bunch of tourist attractions near Liverpool Street Station, such as the Bank of England and the Spitalfields Market, the burial site at Spitalfields Charnel House, the Great Eastern Railway War Memorial and the Arrival Memorial.
Liverpool Street Station Opening Hours
- Monday: 03:10 – 01:03
- Tuesday – Thursday: 04:00 – 01:03
- Friday – Saturday: 03:10 – 01:03
- Sunday: 03:40 – 01:03
Liverpool Street Station Facilities
- The tickets office and ticket machines are run by Greater Anglia and operate during station opening hours. You can buy tickets in advance in the offices; timetables and real-time information are available from National Rail Enquiries
- Men and women toilets are located opposite platform 11 and available for a fee. Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are free, located near platform 10.
- ATM’s and a bureau de change are available inside the station.
- There is a number of restaurants, cafes and snack places inside the station.
You can store your luggage with Excess Baggage Company, use the cloakrooms and lockers in museums, or book online with Stasher.
Prices for luggage storage vary depending on the service, number and size of items, duration. However, should you go with Stasher, it will only cost you £5 a day, and an extra £5 for any additional day.
There’s a bunch of cafes and shops around Liverpool Street Station like the Spitalfields Market, while tourist attractions such as the burial site at Spitalfields Charnel House and the Arrival Memorial are also nearby.
Liverpool Street Station is open on Mondays, Fridays and weekends from after 3:00 and Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from after 4:00 to 1:00.
Liverpool Street Station is on the Circle Line, the Metropolitan Line and on the Hammersmith & City Line.
The station toilet services are available for a fee. For more information, ask a station staff member.
What safety precautions are in place for Covid-19?
Stasher advises all customers and hosts to follow the guidelines below:
- Follow the guidance of local government in regards to travel, social distancing and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Avoid passing items directly: transfer by placing them on the floor for the other party to pick up.
- Maintain the recommended distance of 2 meters from other customers and staff.
- Provide and use hand sanitiser.
- Apply the tags to your bags yourself.