Alexandra Palace, often referred to as “Ally Pally,” is a historic entertainment venue in North London. It offers a wide range of events, from music concerts to sports events, exhibitions, and conferences. Built in 1873, it has become an iconic landmark, boasting stunning panoramic views of London from its hilltop location.
Bag Policy at Alexandra Palace
The bag policy at Alexandra Palace is implemented to ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors. Bags larger than A4 size (8.27 x 11.69 inches or 21 x 29.7 cm) are generally not allowed inside the venue. All bags are subject to search by security staff upon entry. Small purses, handbags, and personal items are permitted, provided they meet the size restrictions.
Alexandra Palace Information
- Alexandra Palace Cloakroom: Unfortunately, Alexandra Palace does not offer a cloakroom service for visitors. Attendees should be prepared to carry any personal belongings with them during their visit and adhere to the venue’s bag policy.
- Alexandra Palace Address and Hours: Address: Alexandra Palace is located at Alexandra Palace Way, London, N22 7AY, United Kingdom.
- Hours: The opening hours for Alexandra Palace may vary depending on the specific event or exhibition. It’s recommended to check the event’s details or the official Alexandra Palace website for up-to-date information on opening hours and schedules.
- Alexandra Palace Seating View: Seating views at Alexandra Palace can differ depending on the event and the specific area within the venue. Some events offer general admission with standing room, while others provide reserved seating in a tiered configuration. To get an idea of the seating view for a specific event, it’s best to check the seating chart provided on the Alexandra Palace website or through the ticket vendor. Additionally, websites like SeatPlan and A View From My Seat offer crowd-sourced images and reviews from attendees to help give a better understanding of what to expect from different seating areas.
Food Policy at Alexandra Palace
Outside food and beverages are generally not allowed within the venue. Alexandra Palace offers a variety of food and drink options, including cafes, bars, and street food vendors, to cater to different tastes and preferences. Visitors are encouraged to make use of the available food services on-site.
Lockers at Alexandra Palace
There are no lockers available inside Alexandra Palace for visitors to store their belongings. Visitors should only bring items they are comfortable carrying throughout their visit.
Luggage Storage near Alexandra Palace
For visitors with larger bags or luggage, off-site storage options are available in the vicinity. Book your luggage storage with Stasher!
History of Alexandra Palace
Alexandra Palace was originally built in 1873 as a public recreation, education, and entertainment center for North London residents. It was named after Alexandra of Denmark, the wife of King Edward VII. The palace suffered two major fires in its history (in 1873 and 1980) but was restored each time. Today, Alexandra Palace continues to serve as a prominent venue for various events, including concerts, exhibitions, sports, and conferences.
Things to do around Alexandra Palace
There are several attractions and activities in the area surrounding Alexandra Palace. Some popular options include:
- Alexandra Park: A beautiful 196-acre park surrounding the palace, featuring walking paths, a boating lake, and sports facilities.
- Wood Green Shopping City: A large shopping center located nearby, offering a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Highgate Wood: A scenic ancient woodland, perfect for nature walks and picnics, located just a short distance from Alexandra Palace.
- Parkland Walk: A 4.5-mile linear green walkway that runs between Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace, following the path of an old railway line.
- Highgate Cemetery: A historic cemetery with notable graves, including those of Karl Marx, George Eliot, and Douglas Adams.
By being mindful of the bag policy and other guidelines at Alexandra Palace, visitors can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience at this historic London venue.