Heathrow Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, and if you’re traveling through it, you will need to know where to store your luggage. Luggage storage can be a bit confusing initially but don’t worry; we’re here to help! This article will discuss the different options for storing your luggage at Heathrow Airport. We’ll also give you tips on finding the best deal and avoiding any hidden fees. So read on for all the information you need on lugagge storage heathrow!
The first thing you need to know is that there are two main types of luggage storage at Heathrow Airport: short-term and long-term. Short-term storage is for those who are only passing through the airport and don’t need to store their luggage for more than a few hours. Long-term storage is for those traveling for an extended period and need to store their luggage for days, weeks, or even months. Some specialty storage options are also available for those with specific needs, such as sports equipment or musical instruments.
If you only need to store your luggage for a few hours, the best option is to use one of Heathrow Airport’s many short-term storage facilities. There are storage facilities located throughout the airport, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one that’s close to your gate. The prices for short-term storage vary depending on the facility, but they are typically very reasonable. For example, the price for 24 hours of short-term storage at the largest facility, Terminal 5, is only £6 per bag.
If you need to store your luggage for an extended period, you’ll want to use a long-term storage facility. These facilities are typically located near the main terminal buildings, making them easy to find. The prices for long-term storage also vary depending on the facility, but they are typically a bit higher than those for short-term storage. For example, the price for a week of long-term storage at Terminal 5 is £42 per bag.
If you have specific needs for your luggage, such as sports equipment or musical instruments, there are also speciality storage facilities available at Heathrow Airport. These facilities are typically located near the main terminal buildings, making them easy to find. The prices for specialty storage vary depending on the facility, but they are typically a bit higher than those for short-term storage. For example, the price for a week of specialty storage at Terminal 5 is £54 per bag.
Tips for Finding the Best Deal on Luggage Storage
Now that you know all about the different options for luggage storage at Heathrow Airport, here are a few tips to help you find the best deal:
- Compare prices between different storage facilities. There can be significant price differences, so it’s worth taking the time to compare. For instance, the price for a week of long-term storage at Terminal 5 is £42, while the price for the same period at Terminal 3 is only £24.
- Check for any hidden fees. Some storage facilities charge extra for things like insurance or 24-hour access, so make sure you know all the fees before you book. Additionally, some facilities charge by the day, while others charge by the week or month, so make sure you know how the price is calculated.
- Ask about discounts. Some storage facilities offer discounts for things like AAA membership or online booking. So if you have any memberships or affiliations, ask about potential discounts. Also, many storage facilities offer discounts for longer-term bookings, so if you know you’ll need to store your luggage for more than a week, be sure to ask about those discounts as well.
- Book in advance. If you book your storage space in advance, you’ll usually get a better price than if you just show up on the day of your flight. Also, many storage facilities offer discounts for online booking, so that’s another reason to book in advance.
Why store your luggage at Heathrow Airport?
You might want to store your luggage at Heathrow Airport for many reasons. Perhaps you’re taking a long flight and don’t want to lug your heavy suitcase around the airport. Or maybe you’re going on a cruise and need a place to store your luggage for a few days. For this reason, Heathrow Airport has various storage options to suit your needs. Here are just a few reasons why Heathrow Airport is the perfect place to store your luggage:-
- Convenient location. Heathrow Airport is located just outside of London, making it easy to get to from anywhere in the city. And with five different terminals, it’s easy to find a storage facility close to your gate.
- Short-term and long-term storage options. Whether you need to store your luggage for a few hours or weeks, Heathrow Airport has a storage option that’s right for you.
- Affordable prices. Heathrow Airport offers some of the city’s most competitive prices for luggage storage.
- A variety of storage options. From short-term lockers to long-term storage facilities, Heathrow Airport has a wide range of options to choose from.
Specialty storage options. If you have specific needs for your luggage, such as sports equipment or musical instruments, there are also speciality storage facilities available at Heathrow Airport.
- 24-hour access. If you need to access your luggage anytime, many of the storage facilities at Heathrow Airport offer 24-hour access.
- Secure storage. All Heathrow Airport storage facilities are clean, safe, and secure.
- Insurance available. Many of the storage facilities at Heathrow Airport offer insurance for your belongings, so you can rest assured that your luggage is in good hands.
What are the opening hours for Luggage Storage at Heathrow Airport?
The opening hours for luggage storage in Heathrow Airport depend on the individual storage facility. However, most facilities are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So whether you need to store your luggage for a few hours or a few weeks, you’ll be able to find a facility that’s open when you need it.
For all these reasons, it’s easy to see why Heathrow Airport is the perfect place to store your luggage! So whether you’re looking for short-term or long-term storage, check out the options at Heathrow Airport. And if you have any special requirements for your luggage, be sure to ask about the available specialty storage options. With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect storage solution for your needs!
About Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport, located just 15 miles west of London, had humble beginnings: it started as an airstrip for military planes during WWII. After the war ended in 1946, it opened to the public as London Airport. Nowadays, it is among the busiest airports in the world.
London is not far away from Heathrow Airport (even if you’re only visiting London on a layover), although there are many villages surrounding the area, if you want to sightsee. Did you know that the famous Windsor Castle is just 10 miles from the airport? With so much to see around the airport area, you don’t even need to go to London!
Heathrow is serviced by many different transport options, making it easy to travel into any of the surrounding villages or the center. If you have a long layover, you can store your luggage and find interesting stuff to do around the airport With the amount of walking you’re bound to be doing, carrying heavy luggage will surely be a hindrance. Thankfully, Stasher has plenty of local partners where you can securely store your luggage to lighten your load during your visit.
Things to do near Heathrow Airport
Whether you’re on a layover or planning to spend multiple days in the area, there is plenty to see in the vicinity of Heathrow Airport. Find yourself some luggage storage and enjoy the activities below:
- Discover the collection of plants and flowers within the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, which houses over 1 million different plant species
- Pet the friendly farm animals at Hounslow Urban Farm, which features a tropical zoo, educational animal encounters, and more
- Visit the Windsor Castle, to learn more about the British Royalty.
- Get an adrenaline kick at Thorpe Park in Chertsey, an amusement park featuring some of the UK’s most famous roller coasters
- Discover 17th century England with a visit at the Ham House and Gardens, an estate in Richmond-upon-Thames
- Browse the impressive collection of art and elaborate architecture and furnishings within the Strawberry Hill House and Garden, a gothic castle located in Twickenham
Transportation To And From Heathrow Airport
There are plenty of options to reach central London from Heathrow Airport and vice versa.
- Heathrow Express, train to central London (arrives into Paddington Station)
- London Underground (from Paddington Station)
- Bus: RailAir, National Express