Piccadilly Circus is one of London’s most vibrant and bustling areas, making it a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. However, the need for luggage storage can be a pressing concern, especially for those on a tight schedule or wanting to explore the city without being weighed down by their bags. Worry not, because we’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll take a look at the various luggage storage options available around Piccadilly Circus, including hotels and train stations. We’ll also provide helpful links to official government sites for your convenience.
Luggage Storage at Hotels
The Ritz London
The Ritz London, a prestigious hotel near Piccadilly Circus, offers luggage storage services to its guests. If you have a reservation, simply ask the concierge to assist you with your luggage storage needs. For more information, visit their website: https://www.theritzlondon.com/
Le Méridien Piccadilly
Le Méridien Piccadilly, another luxurious hotel in the vicinity, also provides luggage storage for its guests. Contact the hotel’s front desk to arrange for storage during your stay. Visit their official website for further details: https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/lonpm-le-meridien-piccadilly/
Ham Yard Hotel
Ham Yard Hotel, a boutique hotel near Piccadilly Circus, offers luggage storage services to its guests as well. Simply consult with their concierge or front desk staff to make arrangements. More information can be found on their website: https://www.firmdalehotels.com/hotels/london/ham-yard-hotel/
Luggage Storage In Piccadilly Circus with Stasher
Stasher is a popular luggage storage platform that connects travellers with local businesses and hotels willing to store luggage for a fee. With multiple locations around Piccadilly Circus, Stasher offers insured and secure storage options starting at £6 per item for 24 hours. To find a suitable Stasher location near Piccadilly Circus and make a reservation, visit their official website: https://stasher.com/
Alternative Luggage Storage Options
Luggage storage lockers are not available directly at Piccadilly Circus, but there are several convenient options nearby to store your bags securely. Some popular luggage storage services near Piccadilly Circus include:
- LuggageHero: LuggageHero offers numerous storage locations near Piccadilly Circus, making it easy to find a suitable spot for your luggage. Browse their website to find a nearby location and book your storage online.
- Excess Baggage Company: Located in major train stations, such as London Victoria, London Waterloo, and King’s Cross, the Excess Baggage Company offers secure luggage storage facilities. Check their website for locations, pricing, and operating hours.
- Charing Cross Station: Although not directly at Piccadilly Circus, Charing Cross Station is within walking distance and offers left luggage facilities operated by the Excess Baggage Company.
When selecting a luggage storage option, ensure that the provider is reputable, secure, and offers insurance coverage for your belongings.
Safety Tips for Storing Luggage
When using any luggage storage service, it’s important to consider the safety and security of your belongings. Here are some tips to ensure a worry-free experience:
- Choose a reputable storage provider with positive reviews and transparent security measures in place.
- Securely lock your luggage and avoid leaving any valuable items inside, such as passports, cash, or electronics.
- Verify the insurance coverage offered by your chosen storage provider and be aware of any limitations or exclusions.
- Take a photo of your luggage and the storage location as a record, in case of any disputes or issues that may arise.
By considering these tips and choosing the most suitable storage option, you’ll be able to explore Piccadilly Circus and its surrounding areas without the burden of your luggage. So go ahead, take in the sights, and enjoy your luggage-free London experience!
Things to do in Piccadilly Circus
Piccadilly Circus is a bustling area in the heart of London, known for its vibrant atmosphere, iconic landmarks, and numerous entertainment options. Here are some popular things to do in and around Piccadilly Circus:
- Admire the Piccadilly Lights: The giant advertising screens at Piccadilly Circus are a must-see, showcasing bright and colourful digital advertisements that have become an iconic part of the London landscape.
- Visit the Shaftesbury Memorial Fountain: Also known as Eros, this famous statue and fountain are located in the centre of Piccadilly Circus and serve as a popular meeting point and photo opportunity for tourists.
- Explore nearby shopping areas: Piccadilly Circus is close to several popular shopping streets, such as Regent Street, Oxford Street, and Carnaby Street, where you can find a wide range of high-street and luxury brands.
- Catch a show in Theatreland: The West End, also known as Theatreland, is home to many of London’s top theatres. Check out the latest plays, musicals, and performances at nearby venues such as the Criterion Theatre, Piccadilly Theatre, or the Prince of Wales Theatre.
- Discover Leicester Square: Just a short walk from Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square is a popular entertainment hub, offering cinemas, restaurants, bars, and the TKTS booth, where you can purchase discounted tickets for West End shows.
- Visit Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery: A short walk from Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square is home to the iconic Nelson’s Column and the National Gallery, which houses an extensive collection of European paintings.
- Dine at nearby restaurants: Piccadilly Circus and its surrounding areas offer a wide range of dining options, from casual cafes and fast-food chains to elegant restaurants and international cuisines.
- Explore the vibrant nightlife: The area around Piccadilly Circus is known for its nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and pubs offering a lively atmosphere for a night out in London.
- Wander through Soho: Soho is a lively district located near Piccadilly Circus, featuring eclectic shops, trendy bars, and diverse dining options. It is also home to London’s Chinatown, which offers a variety of Asian restaurants and shops.
- Visit the Royal Academy of Arts: Located on Piccadilly, the Royal Academy of Arts hosts world-class art exhibitions and events throughout the year, showcasing works by renowned artists and emerging talents.
Piccadilly Circus is an excellent starting point for exploring London, with many of the city’s top attractions within walking distance or easily accessible via public transport.