Traveling to NYC is an amazing experience. There are so many different attractions to explore, such as the Natural History Museum. But you may wonder, “Where do I store my luggage when it’s too heavy to carry?” Many services can help you with the struggle of finding a place for your items. Companies such as Stasher, Bounce, and Stasher are very useful and the safest option. You don’t want to worry about your items getting stolen, so these services will ease that stress.
Best luggage storage service for the Natural History Museum
Stasher is one of the best services out there for luggage storage. They’re affordable and keep your belongings safe. They are known for being one of the top luggage services in New York City since 2017.
Why use Stasher?
Stasher’s main goal is to provide a safe space for your items when you’re out traveling. It has many great aspects to it, such as:
- an app that allows you to create luggage storage locations
- security seals that protect your belongings
- rate of $1/hour or $6/day
- you can cancel the drop off at anytime without charge
- can store luggage for several days
- any items damaged/stolen are covered by insurance
Step-by-Step: How to use Stasher
- Download the app or go to Stasher.com
- Pick your location and place a booking
- When you drop your luggage off, set the storage timer for the designated time. When you pick up your stuff, stop the timer. (note- you will not be charged until you drop off your luggage)
- Each item has a security tag that protects
Opening hours for luggage storage location around the Natural History Museum
Stasher allows you to store your bags/suitcases at any of their permitted locations. Every location has various hours, but the times are directly stated and you will be able to know when to pick up or drop off your luggage.
Other places to store your luggage at the Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum itself does not have any place to store belongings, and personal bags are not allowed in. With the help of Stasher or another similar service, you can keep your luggage at a nearby store, cafe, or other building. They are over 130 spots Stasher uses throughout New York City to store your items.
Natural History Museum Background
The Natural History Museum, founded in 1869, offers many amazing exhibits and collections. One of the things it is most famous for is the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial, a tribute that honors our 26th president. The museum also offers the opportunity for students to earn their Ph.D. through the Richard Gilder Graduate School. As a tourist, you can enjoy all kinds of features. From sharks to space and DNA to Darwin, the Natural History Museum has plenty to see and experience.
Wednesday through Sunday 10 am-5:30 pm
- Tickets are not sold at a booth, but can be ordered online
- Food court is open 10:30 am-5:30 pm
- Multiple bathrooms can be located on each floor
No, the Natural History Museum does not store luggage for you. Many people use a luggage-storing website or app to ensure they have a good spot for their materials.
No, it does not have lockers. You are not permitted to bring any backpacks/carry-ons.
Yes, strollers are allowed (except in the theatres). It is advised not to bring double strollers though because of space.
There are many different options with the various services around the city. As mentioned above, Stasher is a great way to safely store your belongings in a shop/store. Other services like Stasher and Bounce are helpful as well. All of these companies work to provide a safe place for your luggage, especially in places where it isn’t allowed.